The eastern Algarve is very different compared to the western and central parts. Here are no cliffs. Instead the waterland Ria Formosa creates amazing sand islands, dunes and long beaches. The mountains are not far away and on this road trip, you will experience the contrasts in the Algarvian nature.
From your accommodation, we will take the fastest road towards the area close to Faro.
There are several picturesque villages north east of Faro, located between the mountains and the sea. We will make a short stop in Sao Bras de Alportel and pass by several others on our way down towards the beaches.
We will start the exploring of the seafront east of Tavira. This is where Ria Formosa ands and turns into long beaches that continues all the way to the spanish border.
Plantages of oranges, pomegranate, figs and other fresh delicacies dominates the surrounding close to the coastline.
During the day, I will serve a luxury picnic with sandwidges, local goodies, fruit, coffee, wine and more.
The road trip continues on small, beautiful roads. Up in the hills and down to the long beach of Manta Rota before we go to the pretty small town Vila Real do Santo Antonio.
This old town are located by the river Guardiana which draw the line between Portugal and Spain. You will have some time to walk around and maybe also having a delicious Gelato before we head back home to your accommodation.
Duration: 6 hours
- Pick up and drop off anywhere in the Algarve. The route will be tailored depending on where you have your accommodation to make sure you get as much wow as possible.
- Many Wow views and locations that few people get the possibility to see. A road trip that you will remember and that you couldn’t have found by yourself.
- A luxury picnic lunch surrounded by nature with sandwiches, traditional Portuguese cake/pastry, high quality Portuguese wine, cheese and other delicacies. Quality coffee from Al-Gharb Coffee Roastery, tea, water, fresh juice.
- Short surprise experiences. For example, see and feel the cork trees and the raw material, picking fruit by season, make your own fresh eucalyptus tea and much more depending on season and route.
- Comfortable car, fuel, driving. In a 6 hours day we drive around 250 km. The time in the car is a part of the whole experience – magic views, narrow beautiful roads and inspiring conversations.
- Personal and passionate guiding. Information about the locations, the nature, the Portuguese life and culture. Ask whatever you want during the road trip and I promise to try to answer or find the answer for you.
- Snacks to keep the energy up all day.
- Pictures from the road trip will be sent to you shortly after your own Wow day.