The coastline of the Algarve provides a wide diversity of sceneries. On this road trip, you will see rural nature, high cliffs, secluded beaches and picturesque villages in the countryside. We will drive through the Cork oak and Eucalyptus forest up to Monchique mountains. As if that were not enough, a luxury picnic with a breathtaking view is included.
Towards the west, we’ll travel on small, beautiful roads where you get the opportunity to see how the landscape is changing. The western part of the Algarve shows a more rough nature compared to the eastern and central parts, and the olive trees will be replaced with small bushes and pines. Depending on the season, we can probably pick some fruit along the way. Oranges, lemons, figs…
We will follow the southern coastline to a magic view from a fortress build 1652. It is built on top of a much older fort construction, probably from the Roman era.
From this cliff, you will be able to see the picturesque village of Salema, a white pearl between the hills and several amazing beaches.
I will also show you one of my favourite beaches in the Algarve. Not many people find it, because it’s a tricky road and no signs. Here you can feel the soft sand between your toes and walk into one of hundreds of caves along the coastline.
We will go around the south-western corner of Europe and explore the wild and powerful nature on the west coast. The waves are bigger, the cliffs darker but the sand is still as soft as in the rest of the Algarve. The landscape and the beaches are truly WOW!
After a luxury picnic with sandwidges, local goodies, coffee and wine, we turn inland.
Almost empty roads takes us through the hills where the famous cork are growing. The views all the way down to the sea becomes more and more breathtaking along the way up to the top of Monchique.
On our way down, we make a short stop in a hidden, beautiful park where you can drink water directly from the source – the famous Monchique water.
This day will give you lovely memories and keep the value of your time in the Algarve in your heart for a long time.
Duration: 6 hours
- Pick up and drop off anywhere in the Algarve. The route will be tailored depending on where you have your accommodation to make sure you get as much wow as possible.
- Many Wow views and locations that few people get the possibility to see. A road trip that you will remember and that you couldn’t have found by yourself.
- A luxury picnic lunch surrounded by nature with sandwiches, traditional Portuguese cake/pastry, high quality Portuguese wine, cheese and other delicacies. Quality coffee from Al-Gharb Coffee Roastery, tea, water, fresh juice.
- Short surprise experiences. For example, see and feel the cork trees and the raw material, picking fruit by season, make your own fresh eucalyptus tea and much more depending on season and route.
- Comfortable car, fuel, driving. In a 6 hours day we drive around 250 km. The time in the car is a part of the whole experience – magic views, narrow beautiful roads and inspiring conversations.
- Personal and passionate guiding. Information about the locations, the nature, the Portuguese life and culture. Ask whatever you want during the road trip and I promise to try to answer or find the answer for you.
- Snacks to keep the energy up all day.
- Pictures from the road trip will be sent to you shortly after your own Wow day.