The coastline around the western part of the Algarve is not only stunning, but has also an incredible variety of nature and climate. On this road trip, you will see high cliffs, long beaches, secluded beaches, “the end of the world”, powerful waves and some of the most breathtaking scenes you can find in this part of the world.
I pick you up in the morning. Towards the west, we’ll take small, beautiful roads and also stops for a view from the cliffs here and there. Depending on the season, we can probably pick some fruit along the way. Oranges, lemons, figs…
At “the end of the world” we stop by Fortalesa de Sagres placed on a magnificent cliff. One of many forts that has protected Portugal from intruders for hundreds of years. A nice picnic with sandwiches, local products, coffee, wine and more will be served close to nature.
The road trip continues up along the coast and we will stop by many fantastic beaches and also watch the powerful waves from the cliffs. In some areas, there is a saying, “If you have seen one beach, you have seen them all”. Nothing can be more wrong here in the Algarve! Every beach has its own unique signature and I can promise you that you will never get tired of seeing a new one.
The old and beautiful town of Aljezur will be the point where we turn inland. We eat a late lunch in a traditional Portuguese restaurant in the countryside.
On the road again, we go uphill on serpentine roads framed by Eucalyptus and Cork trees in a landscape almost free from “civilisation” except from a couple of small picturesque villages.
The road ends at the top of Monchique mountains and the highest point Foia. The weather can be very unpredictable in this area. (I always have a plan B:-)) If we feel like it, we can stay and watch the amazing sunset. Otherwise we go back down towards the southern coast and I drop you off at the same place as I picked you up.
This road trip will give you a new view of the Algarve and the wide variety there is in nature and climate. Do not plan any late dinner this night… you will be tired and your brain full of wow-views!
Duration: 9 hours
- Pick up and drop off anywhere in the Algarve. The route will be tailored depending on where you have your accommodation to make sure you get as much wow as possible.
- Many Wow views and locations that few people get the possibility to see. A road trip that you will remember and that you couldn’t have found by yourself.
- A luxury picnic lunch surrounded by nature with sandwiches, traditional Portuguese cake/pastry, high quality Portuguese wine, cheese and other delicacies. Quality coffee from Al-Gharb Coffee Roastery, tea, water, fresh juice.
- Short surprise experiences. For example, see and feel the cork trees and the raw material, picking fruit by season, make your own fresh eucalyptus tea and much more depending on season and route.
- Comfortable car, fuel, driving. In a 6 hours day we drive around 250 km. The time in the car is a part of the whole experience – magic views, narrow beautiful roads and inspiring conversations.
- Personal and passionate guiding. Information about the locations, the nature, the Portuguese life and culture. Ask whatever you want during the road trip and I promise to try to answer or find the answer for you.
- Snacks to keep the energy up all day.
- Pictures from the road trip will be sent to you shortly after your own Wow day.
Total price 1-2 persons € 900
Total price 3-4 persons € 1100